Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Latham

"Obviously I am disappointed with the press coverage over the last fortnight. Despite being on annual leave and recovering from illness, the media have been constantly camped outside our home." ......

"When I was hospitalised in August, for instance, the media frenzy was over the top, with photographers shooting through my hospital window. Accordingly, I have done everything I could to keep subsequent episodes as private as possible.
Unfortunately ever since the recent bout became known, and even though I was on annual leave, the media has been harassing people in our street, forcing our neighbours to call the police on several occasions
."

Odd that I haven't noticed this part of the speech referred to on any of the news broadcasts I have watched, nor on ABC web site.

He was on annual leave and seriously ill. There were people appointed to do his job while he was on leave and they did it.

Its hard to tell how much of the fuss originated from the media and how much from the party, but really, do these people ever put their knives away? I wonder whether its not so much that a leader is needed for the party, but that the party needs some type of renovation rescue.

Update - It seems Sedgwick is of the view that Mr Latham was himself the subject of a Backyard Blitz team.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home